|Transformers: The Junior Novel|
|Date published||May 22, 2007|
|Writer||S. G. Wilkens, based on the screenplay and story of the 2007 Movie|
|Illustrations||DreamWorks' promotional images of the characters in the movie on colored backgrounds.|
- Sam Witwicky
- Mikaela Banes
- Maggie Madsen
- Glen Whitmann
- John Keller
- Sector Seven
- Jorge Figueroa (First appearance) (Death)
- Mustache Man
The events of this book are generally identical to the film.
- The AllSpark is described as the 'last remaining' source of the Transformers lifeforce. This is similar to the Transformers: The Movie Storybook's description as 'the last remaining AllSpark.'
- Jorge Figueroa is named "John Figuerosa" throughout the book (and he dies in the novelization; in the movie he survives, though seriously wounded).
- Maggie Madsen is named "Maggie Marconi" throughout the book. Her backstory and relationship to Glen Whitmann are laid out much more thoroughly here than in any other source.
- Glen Whitmann is Maggie's co-worker at the Rand Corporation.
- Unlike the movie, Blackout was knocked out by the shoulder-launched attack and remained offline for several hours.
- Bumblebee has a Mustache Man (again, like Transformers: The Movie Storybook.)
- After Mikaela attacks Frenzy with a saw, Sam knocks his head off with a piece of rebar instead of kicking it.
- Bumblebee quotes Muhammad Ali "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" to introduce himself. (In the movie he uses a clip from the hip-hop song "Second To None"... while doing an impression of a boxer.)
- Megatron is described as 'feeding on' the sparks of his conquered enemies to grow stronger. (This idea was dropped completely from the finished movie.)
- Tom Banachek appears to normally be assigned to the White House.
- The Sector 7 SUVs are described as Chevy Suburbans, whereas in the movie they're actually GMC Yukons.
- Unlike the movie, Maggie and Sam arrive at Hoover Dam on separate helicopters.
- The always-inconsistent date for the discovery of the AllSpark is given as 1920.
- Megatron could sense the AllSpark when he was near it.
- Frenzy is destroyed by John Keller, not his own discs. Keller drops a heavy, ancient fax machine from the storage room on him.
- The freeway battle is omitted; instead, Bonecrusher is destroyed by Bumblebee, and Mikaela's "I'll aim, you shoot" takes on a much more literal meaning, as she helps lift Bumblebee's arm (a task which he is too weak to do on his own).
- The final battle takes place in Las Vegas, not Mission City.
- Optimus Prime instruction to Sam is to use the Allspark to kill Megatron, rather than to merge it with Optimus's spark.
- Megatron's arms become two dozen firing turrets instead of a fusion cannon. He also shoots fire from his arms, rather than using a chain whip.
- Maggie and Keller are physically present at the Decepticons' burial-at-sea.
- Sam's phone call to the police ends before he mentions the transforming car... but Simmons mentions it anyway. Oopsie!
- Frenzy did not disguise himself as Mikaela's cell phone... but it is nonetheless stated to have summoned the Decepticons to Hoover Dam. Oopsie!